Sunday, December 29, 2013

2014.....The Voyage of Discovery

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." -Marcel Proust

Though I'm not a huge blogger I'm happy to have tracked my last year in workouts (more or less) a few months in between posts.... I started this blog with my 2013 resolution: "Say Yes to new things and people"....Then, I walked into a gym full of strangers to start a transformation challenge :)
I had a year of trying new things mixed with a year of life struggles and my "fit fam" (as I like to call them) have helped to keep me grounded and motivated wether they know it or not... Walking into my gym each day kept me focused on something positive when I had a lot of negative things going on in my head. Though I tell my strength coach, John how thankful I am for his passion and enthusiasm to make me strong. He'll probably never know just how much he's helped me stay focused. Along this fitness journey I have made some great friends that make me feel good, are positive and fun to be around.... Also, they're pretty damn strong... ;)
To this day, those 45 minute bootcamps still kick my butt and make me sore... In fact I'm sore right now. Though I am definitely stronger, I still push myself everytime. I blogged the last few times about switching over to strength training, doing barbell lifts twice a week. And somehow I've become "a lifter of heavy shit" in just 6 months... My own strength surprises me sometimes... I still really enjoy it and in 2014 I am training for a lifting meet.... Yes, really.... It's a private gym meet but my lifting goals seem outrageous and scary. My coach seems to think I am completely capable of dead lifting 275 pounds... Stay tuned, I'll be tracking my 2-1/2 months of training... It's going to take a lot of focus and determination and I'm ready! Thanks again to my family for all your support! XO

Here's to a year of discovery. Happy 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment